Information reaching us is that a gas explosion has killed a 47-year-old man and destroyed part of a gas service station at New Dawhenya in the Ningo-Prampram District, Greater Accra-Ghana.
According to the report as sighted on 3news.com, “the deceased, Anthony Ahiabu, was said to be cooking in his room at the Runel Gas Station with a domestic gas cylinder at a time that liquefied petroleum gas was being discharged from a tanker onto the main gas reservoir at the station.
Eyewitness told 3news.com that the domestic gas cylinder he was using exploded, threw him out of the room onto the compound and caused the main gas reservoir to also explode.”
It was detailed in the report however, that the gas tanker did not explode. An that, an intervention by the Ghana National Fire Service saved the day’s “orchestrated” calamity, preventing the entire gas station, which also has a petrol filling station attached, from being burnt down by the flames that followed the explosion.
3news.com has more