Technically the summer hasn’t even started, already the transfer deals have begun flying. The big blow was that of Eden Hazard moving from Chelsea to Real Madrid which everybody is now talking about. The deal came in with €88 million. However, other big transfer deals making headlines have I summarised in this post. They’re not just small-money deals and pre-contract agreements, like with Aaron Ramsey’s move to Juventus. Let’s go!
10. Kerem Demirbay (Hoffenheim to Bayer Leverkusen) – £24million
Kerem Demirbay A German international, Demirbay is an excellent creative midfielder and is needed to replace the outgoing Julian Brandt at Leverkusen.
9. Thorgan Hazard (Borussia Monchengladbach to Borussia Dortmund) – £30million
Thorgan Harzard will become part of an already talented Dortmund frontline which includes England wonderkid Jadon Sancho.
8.Raul Jimenez (Benfica to Wolverhampton Wanderers) – £30million
The Mexican is a fan favourite at Molineux with supporters wearing luchador masks in tribute – 13 Premier League goals and seven assists was a fine haul for a player in his maiden season in England.
7. Benjamin Pavard (Stuttgart to Bayern Munich) £31.4million
The French footballer wasn’t able to save his former club from relegation but his big fee will help them rebuild in the German second tier.
His tactical versatility make him a fine acquisition for Bayern.
6. Rodrygo (Santos to Real Madrid) – £40million
Already made more than 80 appearance across all competition at just 17 years old and has netted nine times in 41 Serie A apperances.
5. Eder Militao (FC Porto to Real Madrid) – £45million
The Brazilian defender’s rise to the top has been extraordinary given he only joined Porto last summer – for just £5million.
4. Luka Jovic (Eintracht Frankfurt to Real Madrid) – £58million
One of the finest young poachers in world football, the Serbian was an inspired loan signing from Benfica by the Germans two summers ago.
3. Frenkie de Jong (Ajax to Barcelona) – £65milllion
De Jong showed Real Madrid, Juventus, and Tottenham his class in the Champions League, while England were also finding it tough against him in the UEFA Nations League.
3. Lucas Hernandez (Atletico Madrid to Bayern Munich) – £80million
1. Eden Hazard (Chelsea to Real Madrid) – £88million
The Belgian was always looking likely to leave Stamford Bridge this summer and this has now come to pass. Therefore this deal is no suprise alt all.