The University of Ghana Students Financial Aid Office (UG-SFAO) is accepting applications for the award of the 2019/2020 UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme for both undergraduate and graduate students in relevant academic fields who are exceptionally brilliant but with dire financial needs.
The UG-Tullow award is a full scholarship which covers tuition, stipend/subsistence/ health insurance, modest subsidy for equipment (Laptop computer) and accommodation for students pursuing 4years undergraduate programmes and 1year master’s programmes (but in exceptional circumstances may also include 2years M.Phil programmes).
The award recipients are expected to maintain excellent academic standards of at least a B average or 3.0 CGPA in order to be in good standing to keep the Scholarship.
1. Be a Ghanaian citizen (indigenes from the Western Region are particularly
encouraged to apply).
2.Be able to demonstrate financial need.
3. Obtained a WASSCE aggregate of 19 or better or a continuing student with CGPA of 3.0 and above.
4. Be of good conduct (i.e. not have any past or pending disciplinary action taken against them).
5. Awardees should be in good academic standing ( i.e. to be in good academic standing, awardees would have to maintain a CGPA of at least 3.0).
6. Be enrolled at the University of Ghana in a full-time regular undergraduate or
postgraduate programme reading any of the Science, Technology, Engineering.
How To Apply:
Download and Submit a completed TTS-SFAO FORM To S2 and the required essays(which is attached to this communique), a copy of your academic records (WASSCE grades for undergraduate and academic transcripts for graduate applicants) letters of recommendation and supporting financial need documents.
The STUDENTS FINANCIAL AID OFFICE is located at House No. 11 East Legon – Main Campus behind the College of Agriculture and Consumer Sciences and opposite CEGENSA.
For inquiries, call the Students Financial Aid Office on 020-518-6904/
0302-945-312 or email:email@example.com.
Applicants can also call/WhatsApp the head of the Scholarship Committee of the SRC via 0266878320 for assistance.
1. STUDENTS FROM THE WESTERN REGION ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
2. DEADLINE for the submission of the applications is WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 4, 2019 at 3:00 PM
3. Attached to this communique are the specific programmes applicants are expected to be reading
▪Environmental & Occupational Safety
▪Geographic information system
▪Material Science and Engineering
▪Food Process Engineering
▪Occupational Health and Safety, Petroleum Geosciences
▪Geosciences, GeoInformation Science,
▪Economics (Environmental Economics option), Geology,
▪Hydrogeology, Applied Geophysics,
▪Applied Geochemistry, Mathematics
▪Computer Science, Computer Engineering
▪Agricultural Engineering, Biomedical Engineering,
▪Materials Science Engineering, Food Processing Engineering
▪Biomedical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering